Friday, November 12, 2010

Another Day, Another Dollar

Oh wait.. I'm retired, no dollar for me today!

This is going to be another long day. My sweet Grandangel #1 is in college and was working out last week and injured her knee.  After an ER visit, she was put in a leg brace and on crutches. So many folks helped her with everyday task like carrying the meal tray, carrying her book bag, etc.  Thank you all!

I drove DD down on Monday to meet her to get an MRI. We drove home that night.  She was in so much pain the medication was only helping for a couple of hours. Luckily, DD got her an app't. for this morning with a great doctor here so on Tuesday we drove back down and picked her up.  Per the diagnoses today, she has a torn hamstring and some possible damage to the meniscus. The treatment they are doing today will hopefully help in the healing process and no surgery will be needed so prayers from all are appreciated!  Sometime today, we will be taking her back to school (3 hour drive each way) so I'm hitting the caffeinated coffee so driving home tonight I'll be wide awake.. Bet I'll be awake most of the night too. Ya think?

My crafting time has been at a minimal this week, but I did take my copic markers and the images I got in Suzanne Dean's class last Saturday with me and played a while sitting in the hospital waiting for the MRI to be done.  If you have never taken a class with her and you want to learn to color with Copics, that is a great class.. she also has online classes (see blinkie on the right).  Hopefully, I won't be on the road as much next week and can buckle down to playing with my crafting 'stuff'.  I have no idea how the truckers do it. Eighteen plus hours on the road for me is plenty this week!

Hope to share more and more and thanks for stopping by.

'til next time,
 {hugs}   
Lynda

2 comments:

Joann said...

Will be praying for your family esp grandangel #1. Please keep us posted on her progress. Love you!!!

sreynolds999 said...

I need some crafting time too! Need to get some cards made for Christmas gifts. Yikes!